Our Research School
The Sandringham Research School is based at Sandringham School, an outstanding secondary school in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
We are a National Teaching School and, together with Sir John Lawes School in Harpenden and STAGS in St. Albans, run the Alban Teaching School Alliance, delivering high-quality training across our local area. We also run the Alban Federation and train teachers of the future as a designated Initial Teacher Training awarding body. Our aim is simple – to be World Class, with our students receiving the best education possible in a state school.
We are very excited to be extending our work in embedding an evidence-informed culture within the teaching profession as a Research School.
As a Research School, our core purpose is to:
- Support engagement with evidence throughout our network of schools and beyond.
- Communicate the very best of evidence-based practice through our website, blogs, newsletter and social media.
- Provide evidence-informed training and modelling, to support teachers and schools to use evidence-based practice.
- Host conferences and other events.
- Develop innovations that help improve practice in our classrooms.
The Director of Sandringham Research School is Dr Caroline Creaby.
Kate Mouncey is one of two Research School Leads.
Karen Roskilly is the other Research School Lead.
Claire Godfrey is our Research School Administrator.